On August 6, 2012, Universal Music will release Rob Zombie’s Mondo Sex Head, featuring new and unique remixes of Rob Zombie classics by some of today’s top DJs, including KoRn’s Jonathan “JDevil” Davis, Photek, the Bloody Beetroots, Drumcorps and Ki:Theory. Mondo Sex Head was curated and executive produced by Jason Bentley, Music Director at L.A.’s influential KCRW and Electronic Dance Music expert. Richard Bishop, co-executive producer of RE:GENERATION music project and documentary film, supervised the project. Each track was hand selected by Rob Zombie who road-tested many of the songs in his car, driving the L.A. streets.
Throughout his career, iconic music artist and auteur filmmaker Rob Zombie has continuously challenged audiences as he stretches the boundaries of music, film and publishing. Zombie, who has sold over fifteen million albums worldwide and has earned seven Grammy® nominations, is no stranger to repurposing his work, cross-fertilizing his fan base and generally pushing the limits of modern-day art. Over the years he has worked with outside DJs, remixers and producers starting with the 1992 remix of White Zombie’s first-ever, MTV-fueled hit, “Thunder Kiss ’65.”
“I like the idea of taking songs and reconfiguring them,” says Zombie about the album, who is taking an alternative approach in the digital retail space. The album will be preceded by two separate, digital-only EPs, with tracks taken from Mondo Sex Head and exclusive bonus tracks.
- White Zombie – Thunder Kiss ‘65 (JDevil Number Of The Beast Remix)
- Living Dead Girl (Photek Remix)
- Let It All Bleed Out (Document One Remix)
- Foxy Foxy – (Ki:Theory Remix)
- White Zombie – More Human Than Human (Big Black Delta Remix)
- Dragula (††† Remix)
- Pussy Liquor (Ki:Theory Remix)
- Lords of Salem (Das Kaptial)
- Never Gonna Stop (Drumcorps Acid Remix)
- Superbeast (Kraddy Remix)
- Devil’s Hole Girls (Tobias Enhus Remix ft The Jane Cornish String Quartet)
- Burn (The Bloody Beetroots Motherfucker Remix)
- Mars Needs Women (Griffin Boice Remix)